Gawura Aboriginal Corporation is a newly established Aboriginal Community Controlled, not-for-profit, charitable organisation, formally known as Illawarra Koori Men’s Support Group (IKMSG)
We are dedicated to supporting our Elders, families, the vulnerable, and our young people with social and emotional wellbeing and cultural education & judicial programs. All whilst providing culturally safe space for our Aboriginal community members to attend within the Illawarra Region.
Gawura Aboriginal Corporation Board, Management and all staff are dedicated & committed to supporting the Illawarra Aboriginal people and families, to ensure better opportunities and outcomes.
Purpose of Role
To provide positive affirmation through targeted cultural activities, provide key social support via internal staff and external local services. Provide guidance to our local youth. Assist in the delivery of targeted youth support and contribute to youth program planning. Create positive outcomes socially and economically for our community’s youth.
- Deliver program activities as outlined in youth program plans.
- Provide support to our networks and stakeholders regarding positive youth initiatives.
- Build and foster relationships with targeted youth services to enhance services provided by Gawura Aboriginal Corporation.
- Provide links to targeted youth services for referrals, advocacy, and support.
- Identify needs within our youth services and work collaboratively to address them.
- Adhere to all Gawura’s Policies and Procedures.
- Complete all work in a culturally and diversity safe manner.
- Undertake training as required.
- Establishing and building relationships with young people to foster personal development, social education, and cultural connection.
- Working with in an organise subject to rapid growth.
|Receive and seek guidance, escalate issues, exchange information.Receive reporting outlines and deliver outcomes. Report any WHS issues.
|Be part of a team, collaborate and work cohesively together.
|Targeted Youth Services
|Build and maintain relationships, send and receive referrals.
|Support and maintain rapport.
- Set own priorities in line with the success of youth initiatives, and outcomes needing to be achieved.
- Valid WWCC for paid employment.
- Current criminal history check.
- Relevant Certificate or Diploma in Youth Work or equivalent experience working with youth.
- Experience working with local Aboriginal Community.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- First Aid Certificate
- MR/HR License
To apply please use link below and attach a maximum 2 page Cover Letter and Resume addressing the job description.
Applications close 5:00 pm, Sunday 14th January 2024.